Study Inn, Sheffield
Derry Ltd have completed the Mechanical Services installation to the new Study Inn located on The Moor in Sheffield City Centre.
This new concept in student accommodation undertaken in Partnership with GF Tomlinson Ltd involved the conversion of redundant office space above operational Retail Outlets and Department Store into a 126 bed, student accommodation building within walking distance of Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield Campus.
The challenging project was completed in just 5 months and included significant alterations to the buildings internal structure to accommodate the 126 fully furnished self-contained bedrooms, all complete with private shower room and private kitchen facility. The development also incorporated a communal gymnasium, laundry and lounge facilities as well as a new Reception area.
The following Mechanical Services systems were installed as part of the project:
- High Efficiency LTHW Heating
- Solar Generated Domestic Hot Water with High Efficiency Gas Fired Heaters & Boosted Potable Cold Water System
- Bedroom, Bathroom and Communal Area Ventilation Systems
- Automatic Controls Installation
- RT @MaithDesign: Site works going well at our new 103 bedroom Point a hotel in Kensington - façade retention complete! Starting substructur…